Vince Cable Visits Fazely Studios & The Custard Factory
Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills The Rt Hon Cable MP visited Digbeth on for a tour of Fazeley Studios and the Custard Factory on July 25th with the owner Lucan Gray, and GBSLEP Board Director Anita Bhalla, Chair of the Creative City Partnership.
Dr Cable spoke to a number of entrepreneurs about their creative businesses and the challenges they face particularly in relation to exporting British services abroad, and discussed what the Government could do to help.
Dr Cable also saw first-hand the powerful cluster of businesses that has taken root in Digbeth. The businesses visited included Shed Innovation, Time Etc, One Black Bear, Shadow Giants, Tinker Taylor TV and Yamination Studios.
Digbeth is the creative quarter of Birmingham, home to 500 businesses employing 2,000 people.
(Left to right)
– Anita Bhalla, Chair, Creative City Partnership
– Kate Manion, The Custard Factory and Fazeley Studios
– Ben Crutch, Fazeley Social
– Barnaby Lashbrooke, Time Etc
– Vince Cable
– Amy Kiernan, Shadow Giants
– Stuart Ruff, Shed Innovation
– Richard Elwell, One Black Bear
– Lucan Gray, The Custard Factory and Fazeley Studios