Business Development Programme
The £8 million Business Development Programme was launched to support existing small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) across the Greater Birmingham & Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) area.
The Business Development Programme has been designed to help more than 400 qualifying existing small and medium-sized businesses to implement their growth and expansion plans. The programme has received £3.9 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The programme provides financial assistance to qualifying companies by way of a grant of between £10,000 and £15,000 against minimum project costs of £22,000. The grant award is available for 45% of eligible project costs, subject to satisfying criteria and approval. The programme aims to create more than 400 new jobs and safeguard more than 400 others.
As part of the programme as well as the financial assistance scheme, an intensive coaching and mentoring scheme for businesses has now launched called great200leaders. The great200leaders scheme offers a development plan, consisting of 100 hours of leadership development (see video below).
The programme is being delivered over a 12 month period in 10 peer group workshops, each workshop is headed by an inspirational expert speaker and each participant receives £4,000 funding towards the cost. This programme is aimed at 200 ambitious business owners and directors, to deliver personal performance and business growth.
Applying for BDP support
If you believe you are an existing eligible business that would like to apply for a grant to expand your business, further details can be obtained from your GBSLEP area representative below.
- Birmingham Chamber – 0121 607 1919 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cannock Chase District Council – 01543 464219 BDP@cannockchasedc.gov.uk
- East Staffordshire Borough Council – 01283 508625 email@example.com
- Lichfield District Council and Tamworth Borough Council – 01827 709382 firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Worcester (Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest DCs) – 0845 601 5953 email@example.com
- Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council – 0121 704 6120 firstname.lastname@example.org